Crafts and Such

A little about me. I like to work in my garden when the weather's nice. Since I live in the south, the weather's nice most of the year. Except when it's really hot outside. Like right now. During the winter, one of my favorite things to do is make homemade candles. I also enjoy doing some beadwork, and I keep thinking about starting a scrapbook. I always enjoy learning new crafts. It's just fun.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

An Unwelcome Visitor

I was outside doing some yard work today, and what did I find? A copperhead lying right beside the house. I pulled back a piece of landscaping plastic and there he was. EEEK! I don't mind telling you that I don't like snakes. But when you live out in the country, you kind of get used to them. I'll scoop up a black snake with a shovel and usher him back into the woods, but I'm not about to mess with a poisonous one. I went and got Fred to deal with it. It's funny, my dog hasn't wanted to go up for the past few nights, so I'm wondering if the snake had been around his house. I think I'll stay on the computer for a bit where it's safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home