Crafts and Such

A little about me. I like to work in my garden when the weather's nice. Since I live in the south, the weather's nice most of the year. Except when it's really hot outside. Like right now. During the winter, one of my favorite things to do is make homemade candles. I also enjoy doing some beadwork, and I keep thinking about starting a scrapbook. I always enjoy learning new crafts. It's just fun.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Old Timey Georgia village

I was just reading another blog, and found out about a neat little place in western Georgia. It's called Westville and it's a lot like Colonial Williamsburg. They've set up a completely functioning town set in the 1850s. They have homes, schools, churches, and of course crafts people. Woodworkers, blacksmiths, potters, and candle makers all practice their trade and are available to answer questions. It looks like a great way to step back into history and learn how people lived in yesteryear. When you visit the Westville website, be sure to check out the events section. They have special events all year round, but the Christmas Decorating Workshop looks really fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home